Gaia Night –a mural launch, exhibition opening, Jane Edmanson, Jason Smith (Heide), performance, walks at Bulleen Art & Garden.
A new exhibition -Conservatory of Singular Specimens
We hope to see you at Gaia Night- and that you will let others know!
Listing details at bottom of page
Celebrate the Earth’s life support system, ‘Gaia’, in art, performance, discussion and river walks More information, http://www.baag.com.au/?p=4293
6 – 8pm:
*Jane Edmanson, well-known television and radio gardening personality, will discuss the potential for biodiversity in your backyard.
* Jason Smith, director of Heide Museum of Modern Art will talk about art, environment and place and launch Bulleen Art & Garden’s new mural .
* Mural Launch – The final Journey of Pedro Piscador will be launched. The ambitious 11 x 5m mural by Lachlan Plain tells the story of wily adventurer, Pedro Piscator, whose ship is powered by melody, charting a sonata through the sky and towing a floating island upon which he’s collected the most singular of species, rescued from a sullied Earth.
* Exhibition Opening– Sanctum Theatre’s Conservatory of Singular Specimens in Bulleen Art & Garden’s Bolin Bolin Gallery.(16th February to 23rd March) The Conservatory is an exhibition about biodiversity – an exhibition of singular specimens – whether they be arboreal, bestial or purely alchemical. For more information, http://gallery.baag.com.au/index.php/exhibitions/conservatory-of-singular-specimens
* Performance: The night will be hosted by Sanctum Theatre’s MacQuail Family with an appearance by the City Creatures from ‘the sordid underbelly of the metropolis’ and live music by Andy Jans-Brown.
Sanctum Theatre’s MacQuail Family
5 – 6pm:
* Habitat Walk. Explore Bulleen Art & Garden’s river revegetation site – a unique flood-plain habitat and urban wildlife corridor with Paul McMorran (BAAG CEO) and Glen Mansfield.
* Produce Walk Discover an eclectic range of edible plants and learn about their cultivation.
Gaia Night and The exhibition, Conservatory of Singular Specimens are Part of Melbourne’s Sustainable Living Festival,
Art Trail and Exhibition Floor Talk,
Sunday 26th February 3 – 4pm.
Lachlan Plain, mural artist and Sanctum Theatre Director and Meredith Plain, Bolin Bolin Gallery Director, will take people on awalk through the exhibition, and around the artworks at Bulleen Art & Garden.
Part of Manningham Healthy lifestyles week www.manningham.vic.gov.au
GAIA Night listing details
A celebration of art and Environment
Date: Thursday 23rd February 2012
5–6pm: Habitat Walk & Produce Walk
6–8pm: Mural Launch, Exhibition Opening, Speakers, Performance
Address: Bulleen Art & Garden,6 Manningham Rd. West, Bulleen
RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org or 8850 3030 (for Walks and/or Launch)
Exhibition listing details
Conservatory of Singular Specimens
Exhibition dates: 16th February – 23rd March
Art Trail and Exhibition Floor Talk
Date: Sunday 28th February 2012
Time: 3 – 4pm RSVP:email@example.com or 8850 3030
Address:Bolin Bolin Gallery at Bulleen Art & Garden, 6 Manningham Rd. West, Bulleen
Bulleen Art & Garden
6 Manningham Rd West, Bulleen. 8850 3030
The Bolin Bolin Gallery is on Facebook.